Santa has taken some time out of his busy schedule to visit Hetland Garden Centre every weekend from 14th November to 20th December 10am to 5pm!We have made some subtle changes to keep you and our staff safe. We are expecting high demand as we are unable to let as many families to see Santa ...
Santa Paws Grotto
“Dogs are a huge part of the family so it’s great to have a fun occasion to celebrate the season with our four-legged friends.”
A Christmas Grotto for pet dogs and their owners will be opening its doors for two special events at Hetland Garden Center this year. Dogs will be greeted by Santa’s elf and taken through to meet Santa in his Grotto where they’ll be given a photo opportunity and a toy, if they have been good.
Simply select the date and time; there is a 15-minute time slot which will include only two other families, socially distanced in your own waiting area. We can only accommodate two adults per booking.
The Santa Paws Grotto will open at Hetland Garden Centre on the 10th and 18th of December from 4.30pm until 7.30pm. Book your spot online now to ensure you do not miss out!
Please be aware that booking time slots will cut off 8 hours before they start.
- There are 3 slots per 15 minutes.
- Please take care when selecting your booking date and time as it is your responsibility to check your tickets. Mistakes cannot be rectified and once booked tickets are non-transferable.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your booked slot. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee entry if you are running late - but we will do our best.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions should be read carefully prior to purchase and any queries relating to them should be raised with us prior. As the purchase of Tickets constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Please bring your emailed ticket with you to get into the Grotto. It is your responsibility to check your ticket as if you have made a mistake it cannot be rectified after purchase
- Please arrive 10mins before your allotted time slot
- Please note that Santa Paws Grotto gets extremely busy, there are a limited number of individual visits within each 15-minute time slot, so there could be a short wait of up to twenty minutes
- In order for us to plan for arrivals, same-day bookings cannot be made.
Conditions of Admission
The management reserves the right to refuse the Ticket holder's admission to the Grotto in reasonable circumstances including for health and safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the grotto open?
Santa Paws Grotto will be open on Thursday 10th and Friday 18th December 4.30pm to 7.30pm.
How much are the tickets?
£10.95 per dog. This includes 2 accompanying adults.
Is the grotto outside?
The Grotto is under our plant canopy but it can get cold, so we suggest you wear warm clothing.
Can I take photos?
Photos can be taken in line with the current COVID guidelines when you are in Santa’s grotto and the Toy Shop.
Is the grotto wheelchair friendly?
Yes, our Grotto is wheelchair friendly.
Is there parking?
Yes, we have a large car park which is free to use.
Can I amend my booking?
Unfortunately, once your booking is made, we are unable to make any changes to the time and date Refunds and Cancellations for Santa's Grotto
- All bookings must be pre-paid
- Please note that we are unable to transfer bookings or offer refunds for any reason
- No refund will be offered if you do not show for your allotted time slot
- No refund will be offered if you arrive late and miss your booked slot.
FULL REFUND WILL BE GIVEN IF THE SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT CHANGES THE CURRENT COVID GUIDELINES
Please be aware that time slots will cut off 8 hours before they start.
Click & Collect
Order online and collect instore between 11am - 3pm 7 days a week.
Simply choose your products, select Click & Collect as your delivery option and choose your day and time slot. On arrival make your way to the till point in the shop where you will be served with your order.
We aim to provide a fast and efficient delivery service within a maximum of 12 miles from the nursery.
Thursday: Dumfries, Torthorwold, Lochmaben, Hightae, Locharbriggs, Kingholm Quay, Glencaple, Mouswald and Collin.
Friday: Powfoot, Annan, Eaglesfield, Kirtlebridge, Waterbeck, Ecclefechan, Middleshaw, Waterbeck and Lockerbie
If outside this area, please use our Click & Collect service. If you have an urgent order, or if you have any special delivery requirement please leave a comment when ordering - we will do our utmost to accommodate. Delivery is charged at a flat rate of £1.00 per mile with a minimum order of £25.00.
Some of our products are only available for National Delivery - please see the invidiual product pages for more details.
Our off-line/instore vouchers are sent via Royal Mail, please allow 5-7 working days for delivery.
2 other products in the same category:
Our fantastic Illuminated Walkway will be returning this year. Walk through the magical Dino Park and see the creatures and interactive areas illuminated in spectacular colours. Get your ticket today! Due to the Winter Walkway being in a kids park dogs are not allowed in this area....